17.09.2012 | Malmö | Sweden
Co2olBricks Midterm Conference in Malmö, Sweden with fruitful discussions
On September 17th, 2012 the Co2olBricks partners had their Midterm Conference with the presentation of the interim results of the project and fruitful discussions with numerous participants with different kind of backgrounds and members of the partner project CLICC. The event took place at the Malmömassan in Sweden and was combined with the 7th partner meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark.
After a general presentation of the projects results so far, the three different aspects to implement the combination of climate protection and preservation of historic buildings "policy development", "technical innovations" and "education and economic promotion" were exemplified.
The following lectures focussed on political issues like the policy and guidelines for historical buildings, the implementation of the EPBD and the climate goals and climate plans of the Cities of Malmö and Copenhagen. In addition, lifecycle perspectives and reductions through behavioural changes were explicated
The closing panel discussion among the speakers with the motto "Cultural heritage challenges EPBD – should cultural heritage be included in the EPBD?" pointed out again, that it is less the question "if" historical building should be implemented and especially considered in the EPBD, but more "how". Different approaches, some with a technical focus, some with a flexible outcome focus are possible and the alternatives reflect the different reactions on regulations.
- Introduction to Co2olBricks - Jan Prahm, Project Coordinator Co2olBricks - PDF, 0.9 MB
- EPBD implementation and consequences for cultural heritage buildings - Marleen Spiekmann - PDF, 0.5 MB
- Education and vocational training for implementation of energy efficiency measures in historic buildings - Marija Burinskiené, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University - PDF, 0.4 MB
- Policy and Guidelines for energy efficiency in cultural heritage buildings before 1945 in Sweden - Petra Eriksson, Gotland University - PDF, 2.8 MB
- EPBD implementation in Finland - Tommi Lindh, Ministry of the Environment, Department for Built Environment, Finland - PDF, 0.5 MB
- Energy reduction through behavioural changes - Wiktoria Glad, Linköping University, Sweden - PDF, 1.2 MB
- Energy efficiency - a lifecycle perspective - Stefan Olander, Lund University - PDF, 0.7 MB
- Climate Plan Copenhagen - Martha Katrine Sörensen, City of Copenhagen - PDF, 0.8 MB